Teen Vehicle Prevention Program Workshop
An educational initiative program designed to reduce teen traffic violations and death in car crashes. Participants are under the age of 21 accused of traffic violations. The program contains stories of teens killed in vehicle crashes, car crash prevention, texting videos, and worksheets pertaining to the video, as well as worksheets on the dangers of driving while intoxicated. These real-life conflicts are then used for role-plays and session exercises. The instructor will monitor sign-in/sign-out sheets, manage daily attendance/absences, and report no-shows to the assigned court liaison. NBT will provide quarterly and annual reports that will include statistical data for the purpose of determining the effectiveness of the program.
- Length: 3 Hours
- Wednesdays: Morning 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM / Afternoon: 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Program Eligibility Criteria:
- 17 – 25 years of age
- Educate the consequences of speeding
- Understanding the dangers of texting while driving
- Acknowledge the reality of death is a consequence
- Understanding the importance and safety of Seat Belt use
- Wednesdays: Morning: 9:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. / Afternoon: 3:00 P.M – 6:00 P.M.
- Cost: TBA
- Location: TBA
- Room: Municipal Court of Atlanta Room TBA