The impulse control program is a two-week program that addresses the behavioral change methods that can help prevent future theft and shoplifting crime. It focuses on the financial and emotional aspects of theft. We also help psychologically driven. We also work to create a non-judgmental, non-shaming, and safe environment so that participants can begin to trust in themselves and fully accept their problems, and freely move beyond the secrets into a meaningful and fulfilling life. These real-life conflicts are then used for role-plays and session exercises. The instructor will monitor sign-in/sign-out sheets, manage daily attendance/absences, and report no-shows to the assigned court liaison. NBT will provide quarterly and annual reports that will include statistical data for the purpose of determining the effectiveness of the program.
- Length: 8 Hours (2 weeks)
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: Morning 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM / Afternoon: 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- Target Participants: TBA
- Typical Charges: Theft by shoplifting, false representation, use of fighting words, gaming offense, curfew violation, far evasion, park offenses
- Program Eligibility Criteria: – TBA
- Stop Stealing
- Identify risk situations that trigger the impulse to steal and identify negative behaviors to develop strategies for overcoming them.
- Get out of the cycle of stealing and move towards a happier, more intimate, more fulfilling life
- Revise career plans that have been neglected due to compulsive stealing.
- Tuesdays & Thursdays: Mornings 10:00 A.M. – 12:00 P.M. / Afternoon: 5:00 P.M – 7:00 P.M.
- Cost: TBA
- Location: TBA
- Room: Municipal Court of Atlanta Room TBA